I have already spoken to you several times about the inconveniences of tobacco, but today I am going to talk about what happens in our organism when we stop smoking.
What happens in your body when you stop smoking?
- After 15 minutes of quitting smoking, the blood pressure decreases to the same value you had before you started.
- At 8 hours after quitting, carbon monoxide levels decrease in the blood.
- Within 24 hours of quitting smoking, the risk of having a heart attack begins to decrease.
- After 3 months, improves circulation and increases lung function by 30%.
- 9 months after quitting smoking, cough, fatigue and nasal congestion subside.
- 1 year after quitting, the risk of having a heart attack is reduced by half.
- 5 years later, decreases the risk of stopping a stroke.
- 10 years after quitting, the risk of dying of cancer is reduced by half.
- 15 years later the risk of having a cardio vascular disease is the same as that of people who have not smoked.
Also if you do not want to quit smoking because of tideberías leave it for the health of others. A passive smoker is 30% more at risk of coronary heart disease. But if you live with a smoker who is smoking habitually increases up to 60%.
Do not put the health of others at risk!
Did you know what happens in your body when you stop smoking?